Fried ice cream cake. Fried Ice Cream Cake is made with softened ice cream, whipped topping, crushed corn flakes, cinnamon and drizzled with honey and chocolate. FRIED ICE CREAM CAKE Do y'all remember Chi-Chi's restaurant? As a kid, it was one of my favorite places to eat dinner.
This recipe is a MUST TRY for any gathering. It will be the hit of the PARTY! With a sharp knife cut the cake into squares. You can cook Fried ice cream cake using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried ice cream cake
- It’s of crushed corn flakes (measure after crushing).
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of container vanilla ice cream.
- You need of cool whip.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- You need of honey.
- You need of Chocolate and caramel syrup.
- Prepare of Whipped topping.
- Prepare of Maraschino cherries.
Place a serving of cake on a dessert plate. Melt butter in preheated skillet and add sugars, cinnamon, and a large pinch of salt, stirring to combine. Add corn flakes and cook, tossing, until cereal is coated and lightly toasted and. Melt butter in large pan then add your crushed cornflakes and sugar and stir continuously (to prevent sugar from burning) until lightly golden, remove to pan to cool.
Fried ice cream cake instructions
- Take out the ice cream and leave out to soften for 30 minutes. Melt butter in a large pan and add the crushed cornflakes and sugar. Stir continuously to prevent sugar from burning until lightly golden; remove from pan to cool..
- Press 1/2 of cornflake mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan..
- In a large bowl, add the ice cream, cool whip and cinnamon and stir until combined. Pour the ice cream mixture over the cornflakes and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the cornflakes evenly over the top. Drizzle with honey. Freeze for at least 5 hours..
- Cut and serve with the syrups, whipped topping and cherries on top. Yum!.
There are three different stories surrounding the origin of fried ice cream. ice cream and roll the edges in the fried topping (as before with the cake, but do not coat the sides of the ice cream with dulce de leche yet); do this repeatedly until the edges are completely embedded with flakes. Place the ice cream layer on top of the cake Easy Fried Ice Cream Cake recipe! A Classic Mexican dessert ~ vanilla ice cream with a crispy honey-cinnamon "fried" Corn Flakes coating drizzled with fudge and caramel then topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. We love ice cream in the summer. and by summer I mean all year long. Spoon half of the ice cream over crust.