Country Style Potato Soup.
You can have Country Style Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Country Style Potato Soup
- Prepare 14 of Potatoes, medium, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 qt of Chicken broth, organic.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, large, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, smashed and coarsely minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Country Style Potato Soup step by step
- Simmer the potatoes and broth in a medium pot over medium heat. Watch out for rising foam. Simply stir the potatoes to.
- Do not cover so the liquid can reduce to make room for the eventual cream. So you may want to turn that over the oven fan on..
- Saute together 2 tablespoons of bacon fat with half of a large sweet onion, finely chopped..
- Add the garlic and continue to cook till the edges turn brown-gold and add this to the soup. Stir well..
- Simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the salt and pepper to your tastes, then the cream. Stir well.
- Allow the soup to cool for 5-10 minutes. Soup should be airy, creamy with a silky appearance. Serve hot garnished with shredded cheddar and chives..