Lazy scones. In a small bowl, combine milk and egg. Reserve a tbsp or so for the egg wash on the top. (spoon out a little into a mug) Add the remainder of the egg/milk to the flour/butter mix. Stir sparingly to combine – I think Delia and Mary (first name terms) suggest using a knife to combine so you don.
My sweet friend Nicole shared her original recipe for "My Lazy Morning Scones." They looked delicious, just the thing to make on a slow, sleepy morning. So I took a peek at the recipe and decided to give it a go. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins. You can cook Lazy scones using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lazy scones
- It’s 2.5 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 0.5 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare .666 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen blueberries or whatever you want in the scones.
In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth. I was working on one once but now I don't know where my notes are. Somehow the vegan ones are just as good as the regular though. I wonder what they use in place of cream.
Lazy scones instructions
- Throw everything except the blueberries in a mixer..
- Mix with dough hook lightly: you want it lumpy.
- Add blueberries once the mixture is lumpy, and lightly mix once more.
- Pour into scone moulds, or cut into 8 equal pieces on parchment paper if you don't have one.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. I find the scone moulds take longer, adjust accordingly..
In a large bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the butter cubes and with your fingertips, rub the flour and butter together until you get a breadcrumb consistency. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in cream mixture. Stir lightly with fork just until dough comes together.