Pumpkin dinner roll.
You can have Pumpkin dinner roll using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin dinner roll
- Prepare 1/2 of Pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Active Dry Yeast.
- Prepare as required of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare some of Choco chips.
Pumpkin dinner roll step by step
- Add the water, yeast and honey to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Leave for about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree to the yeast mixture and stir to fully incorporate. Add the flour and salt and stir until the mixture comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth..
- Place the dough into a greased bowl and let rise for 90 minutes or until doubled in size..
- Once doubled, punch the excess air out of the dough and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each one into a ball and pinch the bottom together. Take a long piece of string and find the halfway point. Place the halfway point on top of the ball and flip the whole thing over. Pull the two pieces of string together and cross them over to create a cross on the bottom of the ball..
- Flip it over again and do the same thing until the ball is divided into 8 equal pieces. Tie the string at the top and cut off any excess. See the pictures below for the process. Cover the 8 rolls with cling film and let rise again for 30 minutes. The dough will puff out around the string and make pumpkin shapes. Insert choco-chips on top..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool on a cooling rack before removing the string..