Rice Pilaf. Keep Your Dinners Tasty, Fun and Fresh with Knorr® Rice Pilaf Sides. Discover Our Easy To Make Recipes and Transform Any Side Dish Into a Delicious Meal! Just like rice pilaf, the grains of rice get coated in fat before absorbing the cooking liquid, ensuring plump, tender, separate grains with no sticky clumps.
Decrease the heat to low and sweat until the onion is translucent and aromatic but not. Heat to boiling, stirring once or twice; reduce heat to low. Combine broth, parsley and butter in a saucepan; bring to boil. You can have Rice Pilaf using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Pilaf
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of uncooked angel hair.
- It’s 3 cups of uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 2.1 liter of chicken broth.
- You need 4 cubes of chicken bouillon.
By contrast, the pilaf method of cooking rice involves cooking the rice in broth for extra flavor, along with sautéed aromatics. In many pilaf recipes, the uncooked rice is also sautéed before simmering, providing even more flavor to the dish. You want to cook the rice in a liquid that is primarily stock—chicken stock or vegetable stock. Up to half of the liquid can be plain water, but at least half of the needed liquid should be stock.
Rice Pilaf instructions
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the egg noodles and stir until they begin to brown, being careful not to burn the butter. Stir in the rice. Continue stirring until rice is coated with butter..
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover tightly. Cook without uncovering pot until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes..
Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat down to low. Fluff rice with a fork and stir in parsley. You can add flavor by cooking your rice in some kind of meat or seafood broth, which is how pilaf is traditionally executed. In our curried rice pilaf recipe, we add curry powder and water, but you.