Butter scones. When butter bubbles, remove from heat and skim off foam from. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add butter and mix with your fingertips to a coarse meal.
Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse to combine. Cut the butter into pieces, and add to the food processor. Pulse the food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal. You can cook Butter scones using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter scones
- It’s of cake flour.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- Prepare of whole milk.
Biscuits and American scones both use cold butter that's rubbed or "cut" into the dry ingredients. Pulse the food processor ingredients until the softened butter is well incorporated into the flour. You see that unlike a pie crust, we don't have big pieces of butter in the flour. Rather, it has a sandy, soft texture: English scones are more similar to American biscuits and they're often topped with butter, jam, or clotted cream.
Butter scones instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients. Then add cold butter and use pastry cutter to blend butter in flour until observe sand-like mixture..
- Add milk and mix the dough gently..
- Knead the dough until well combined but do not over mixed..
- Roll the dough to 3/4 inch thick, use cookie cutter 2 inch diameter to cut the dough (make sure do not turn your cookie cutter).
- Take scrap dough and mix it with cocoa powder for the pug face decoration..
- Bake at 190C for 15 minute.
American scones are different, but different isn't necessarily a bad thing! Today's scones are sweeter, heavier, and aren't usually topped with butter because there's so much butter IN them. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar, if using. The scones are best served warm, or within a few hours of baking. Cold butter makes scones rise higher.