Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone). Sprinkle the homemade cottage cheese over the dough and mix well (Be careful not to mix too much). In a large bowl or the bowl place flour, salt and baking powder. Add butter and mix until it?s the size of small peas.
Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir the milk into the cottage cheese and then stir in the egg. Transfer to the dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together to form a soft dough. You can cook Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- It’s of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- It’s of Homemade Cottage Cheese.
- It’s 300 g of Milk.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare of Hot Biscuit.
- You need 100 g of Flour.
- Prepare 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 15 g of Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- Prepare 50 g of Milk.
- Prepare 30 g of or more (Homemade) Cottage Cheese.
Good morning Welcome to Johnny's Cottage. Hungarian Cuisine European Cuisine Hungarian Recipes Hungarian Food Hungarian Cookies Polish Recipes My Recipes Cooking Recipes Favorite Recipes. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles.
Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 25 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Homemade Cottage Cheese.
- Add the milk to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it reaches around 90C..
- Remove from heat. Add the vinegar and stir well..
- Place kitchen towels over a strainer (see picture). Strain the solution to drain the water from the cheese as much as possible. Set aside until use..
- Hot Biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed..
- Sprinkle the homemade cottage cheese over the dough and mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes. Add milk; stir just until moistened. For making homemade cottage cheese on the stovetop, all you need is milk and some sort of acid. For the acid, I like white vinegar, but you can certainly use lemon juice instead.