Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone). Sprinkle the homemade cottage cheese over the dough and mix well (Be careful not to mix too much). In a large bowl or the bowl place flour, salt and baking powder. Add butter and mix until it?s the size of small peas.
Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir the milk into the cottage cheese and then stir in the egg. Transfer to the dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together to form a soft dough. You can cook Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- You need of Homemade Cottage Cheese.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Vinegar.
- Prepare of Hot Biscuit.
- Prepare of Flour.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Butter (Salted).
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of or more (Homemade) Cottage Cheese.
Good morning Welcome to Johnny's Cottage. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and seasoning. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add cottage cheese and eggs, stir until moistened.
Homemade Cottage Cheese Hot Biscuit (Scone) instructions
- Operation Time / 25 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Homemade Cottage Cheese.
- Add the milk to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it reaches around 90C..
- Remove from heat. Add the vinegar and stir well..
- Place kitchen towels over a strainer (see picture). Strain the solution to drain the water from the cheese as much as possible. Set aside until use..
- Hot Biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed..
- Sprinkle the homemade cottage cheese over the dough and mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Hungarian Cuisine European Cuisine Hungarian Recipes Hungarian Food Hungarian Cookies Polish Recipes My Recipes Cooking Recipes Favorite Recipes. For the acid, I like white vinegar, but you can certainly use lemon juice instead. You'll warm the milk on the stovetop in a large pot, and when it's nice and warm, you'll add your acid and let the curds form in the liquid. In a mixing bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt and parmesan cheese. Once combined, stir in the heavy cream until just moistened.