Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs. It enhances the flavor for all dishes like steak, chicken, fish, vegetables, and pasta! After the ingredients are combined and formed into a tube shape, simply slice whatever size portion you need and freeze the rest! Easy-breezy to prepare and bursting with flavor!
Add basil and olive oil; puree until smooth. Add cheese and process just until combined. Serve with pasta or grilled meats of vegetables. You can cook Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs
- You need 1 jar of basic Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 6 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 jar of Basil Pesto.
- You need 4 of Tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of package sliced Mozarella.
- You need of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s Handful of fresh Basil, shredded.
- It’s 32 oz of Angel Hair Pasta.
Combine basil, oil, pine nuts, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Add a large pinch of salt and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in Parmesan. Place basil, garlic, nuts, and olive oil in food processor fitted with a metal blade.
Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs step by step
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Pour marinara in a 13"x9" baking dish..
- Place chicken thighs in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Spread pesto on each chicken thigh.
- Cover them with tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place Mozzarella slices on top of tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F..
- 10 minutes before they finish, start your water or instant pot for the pasta and cook according to package instructions..
- Toss pasta with fresh basil.
- Remove chicken from oven (don't forget to shut it off)..
- Drizzle the pan juices over the pasta and serve with the chicken. Enjoy!.
- *NOTES** Do not skip out on the fresh basil, or the Mozarella. I even suggest getting some fresh tomatoes from your local farmers market. These items really make the dish *Pop*. If the Mozarella starts getting over cooked, cover with a piece of foil..
Process until fairly smooth, wiping down sides once or twice if needed. Add cheese, salt, and pepper and give it a quick whirl to mix. Use immediately or freeze in ice cube trays. Pesto at Fontana's Italian "Excellent food, wonderful ambience. Noise level was a little bit on the high side.