Hung-curd -canapes. Hung curd is simply curd whose whose whey has been drained completely. Hung curd is used in some Indian recipes like for the marination of paneer tikka or any tikka. Its also used to make thick raitas, dips and even chutneys.
Hung curd is low in sugar, carbohydrates and high in protein when compared to the regular curd. "Hanging curd" is a process by which whey gets drained from the curd. When it is completely drained, you will have chakka, or hung curd. This ingredient is used in many Indian and Middle Eastern dishes and is a great source of calcium. You can cook Hung-curd -canapes using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hung-curd -canapes
- Prepare of hung curd.
- You need of soaked Moong.
- It’s of Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare of grated carrot.
- Prepare of finely chopped capsicum.
- It’s of Black pepper powder.
- You need of kasuri methi/coriander leavesf.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of tomato sauce.
- It’s of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need of Mad Angels chips.
With a little practice, you too will be able to make your own hung curd. To make hung curd, in a deep bowl, place a strainer and put the muslin cloth over it. Add the curd and tie the edges of the muslin cloth together. Alternately you can place a heavy weight on the curd.
Hung-curd -canapes instructions
- Take a bowl and add hung curd, add onion,, capsicum and carrot,overnight soaked whole Moong daal..
- Also, add black pepper,kasuri methi and salt.Mix it well..
- Then add tomato sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice and mix it again..
- Now place 1/2 tsp of the mixture on top of each Mad angel chips..
- Do the same process with other to have the canapés with this topping or dip the Mad angles on curd dip mixture..
- Serve this immediately and enjoy.
Hung curd is basically the next level of yogurt or dahi. Just like paneer, hung curd too can be prepared at home. It certainly takes some time, some time as in overnight. If you know how to make curd (dahi, as commonly known), you are just one step away from hung curd. Similarly, hung curd is one of the most common condiments to be used and makes for a great substitute to most of the cream-based foods.