Whole Wheat Hot Biscuit (Scone). Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. However, feel free to substitute an equal amount of all-purpose flour for the whole wheat, if you like. Scones are like biscuits — tender, soft, and best made with as little handling as possible.
Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the butter and use your fingers to pinch the butter and the flour mixture together. Line a baking sheet with parchment. You can have Whole Wheat Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- It’s 25 g of White Flour.
- You need 75 g of Whole Wheat.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 25 g of Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- You need 50 g of Milk.
Sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Rub in butter, or place in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle and beat at low speed, or pulse in a food processor, until incorporated. Add buttermilk and raisins and mix just until. See more ideas about scone recipe, scones, recipes.
Whole Wheat Hot Biscuit (Scone) instructions
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add in the cheddar and chives and mix gently. Add the butter to the flour mixture and mix with either your fingertips, a pastry blender, or two knives until it forms the texture of coarse meal. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut or rub butter into the dry ingredients. Split and serve warm with butter and jam or honey.