Scone, in Hungary:). Friends, as this is a super old-school recipe for Crackling scones I will give you first a small history lesson 🙂. According to historians scones (or "pogácsa" in Hungarian) are one of the oldest biscuits that were already baked in the time of the Hungarian conquest. Scones are small, round biscuits popular mainly in the Carpathian Basin and on the Balkans.
There are lots of different version of them: some types of them resembles more like a bread, you can sprinkle them with seeds and nuts as well. Hungarian Scones – Pogacsa. "Pogácsa (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈpoɡaːtʃɒ]) is a type of savory scone in Hungarian cuisine. It is also popularly eaten in nearby Slovakia. You can cook Scone, in Hungary:) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scone, in Hungary:)
- It’s 1 kg of flour.
- It’s 1/2 liter of milk.
- It’s 50 grams of yeast.
- You need 200 ml of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 liter of oil.
- It’s 200 grams of grated cheese.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
Pogácsa in Hungary are made from either short dough or yeast dough. As with scones and biscuits, eggs and butter are common ingredients, as is milk, cream or sour cream. In Hungary scones are typically served as a welcome snack, cheese, crackling and curd cheese are the most liked flavours. Crackling scones are made of laminated yeast dough, which contains lard, ground or finely chopped cracklings, and seasoned with salt and black pepper.
Scone, in Hungary:) step by step
- Firts step, take a beer and drink it:) Mix the flour,milk,yeast,sour creme,and the salt. So mix everithing..
- Leaves it an 1 hour along..
- After it will grow double. Heat the oil in a large bowl and try to make a round doughy with your hands..
- Put into the hot oil,and fry both side to 2-2minutes. After when you finished, take over a sour creme amd cheese and garlic..
- We usually eat in beach with a lot of beer:) You'll can make it sweety example cinnamon or nutella..
The braided scone is something that simply cannot miss from the Hungarian table during an Easter feast. The slightly sweet 'cake' is usually eaten with the hard-boiled and painted eggs, the ham and horseradish, but it can be prepared in numerous other ways so that it can become a filling breakfast or a delicious and simple dessert in itself. This page provides all possible translations of the word scone in the Hungarian language. This savory scone is traditional snack in Hungary served hot, can be eaten alone as a snack or with warm drinks. The recipe is for Tepertos Pogacsa, scone variation flavored with pork cracklings.