Apricot Cream Scones. Apricot Cream Cheese Scones We love the bright flavor and color of apricots in scones; cream cheese lends these added richness. We also love using our Pastry Flour Blend. Its lower protein content yields a final product that's more tender and delicate than that of a higher protein flour.
Top these scones with a dash of lemon curd for a sweetly-tart delicious flavor combination… The slightly tart bursts of apricot are a wonderful addition to the rich, tender cream scone. While staying with my aunt and uncle, I made several batches of scones in a quest to create a new recipe. For scones, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. You can cook Apricot Cream Scones using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apricot Cream Scones
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of chopped dried apricots.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- Prepare of butter(melted).
- Prepare of sugar.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the apricots, pecans and orange zest. DIRECTIONS In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the cream cheese and butter, using your fingers, a pastry blender, fork, or a mixer, until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, then stir in the apricots.
Apricot Cream Scones step by step
- Chop dried apricots.
- Preheat oven to 425•F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt. And sugar in mixing bowl, stirring with a fork to mix well..
- Add dried apricots and mix. Still using a fork stir in the cream and mix until dough hold together in a rough mass(dough will be sticky).
- Lightly flour your board and transfer the dough to it. Knead the dough 8-9 times..
- Pat dough into 10 inch circle(to make mini scones split dough in half and pat into two 5 inch circles).
- For the glaze spread the melted butter over the top and side of the circle then sprinkle sugar on top..
- Cut circle into 12 wedges(or 8 wedges each for mini scones).
- Place on ungreased baking sheet or silpat, allowing about an inch between pieces..
- Bake for about 15 minutes(10 minutes for mini's) or until golden brown..
In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl, stirring with a fork to mix well. Still using a fork, stir in the cream and mix until the dough holds together in a. Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. Combine flour, apricots, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.