Pumpkin-cranberry scones. Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter until the mixture looks like oatmeal. Whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
Make the pumpkin cranberry scones: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Then, use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut in the butter until the butter is about lentil-sized. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice. You can have Pumpkin-cranberry scones using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin-cranberry scones
- Prepare 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk, very cold.
- It’s 1/2 cup of can puree pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and drained well.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream, separated.
Cut in margarine with pastry cutter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Light and crumbly Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are the perfect fall breakfast! No fuss to put together and healthy with the added ground flax seeds and sweetened from maple syrup! The smell of beautiful pumpkin scones filled with fall spice wafting through the kitchen and the house is utterly intoxicating.
Pumpkin-cranberry scones step by step
- Pre heat oven to 375° line baking sheet with wax paper.
- In one bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture until coarse..
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth..
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture along with the cranberries. Mix until just combined; do not over mix or scones will come out tough..
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface, sprinkle of flour and need to gently 4 or 5 times. Pat the dough into a circle that is about one inche thick. Cut the circle in half then cut the halves into 4 pie shaped (triangle) wedges. Place on baking sheet and brush the tops with heavy cream..
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean..
Whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the wet mixture to the dry along with the cranberries and candied ginger. Mix until it is all just combined (do not over-mix or the scones will be tough). Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. This is the fall season baked up in a nice little package.