My Mom Didn't Like You Anyway, Cupcake. Home » MY MOM DIDNT LIKE YOU ANYWAY, CUPCAKE. MY MOM DIDNT LIKE YOU ANYWAY, CUPCAKE. The recipe is excerpted from The Happy Baker Cookbook by Erin Bolger.
Become an Eat Your Books member and you can create your own searchable index of all your recipes in your cookbooks, magazines, online and clippings. Join Now and Get Started My mom didn't like you anyway, cupcake from The Happy Baker: A Girl's Guide to Emotional Baking by Erin Bolger My Mom Didn't Like You Anyway, Cupcake. Here is how you achieve that. You can cook My Mom Didn't Like You Anyway, Cupcake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Mom Didn't Like You Anyway, Cupcake
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of boiling water.
Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Cream the sugar and shortening together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well. Stir in the cocoa, milk, flour, baking powder, boiling coffee, baking soda and vanilla extract.
My Mom Didn't Like You Anyway, Cupcake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together; add eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and buttermilk..
- Beat with a mixer (or by hand) for a couple of minutes until smooth and silky..
- Stir in boiling water until blended..
- Fill 18-20 (I actually got 27 cupcakes) cupcake liners with batter and bake for 22-25 minutes..
A few hours later, however, when Daddy came to the hospital he decided he didn't like "Cupcake." Momma said Daddy wanted to name me La'Vette. So, just to make Daddy happy, Momma said she had the hospital change my name. I loved my daddy; so as far as I was concerned, he could change my name to whatever he wanted. Mom changed the subject of my un-awesome lock-opening ability—but the conversation didn't get any better. "Well, I'm glad everything is going smoothly for you," Mom said. "I remember when Katie and her best friend, Callie, just stopped being friends for no reason. Combine the sugar, flour, milk, salt, dates, nut, vanilla and baking powder and mix well.