Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta. Stuffed Peppers Makes For The Perfect Weeknight Meal. Try This Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe With Just A Few Ingredients For A Tasty Meal. Rach shares her recipe for pasta-stuffed peppers seasoned with fresh herbs, anchovies + Calabrian chili paste.
Nestle it around your peppers in the pan. And, it's not mandatory, but I recommend you broil those Italian Stuffed Peppers for two minutes to get some gorgeous browning on the surface of that melted cheese. With your hands or a wooden spoon, mash bread and milk to form a thick wet mash. You can have Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta
- It’s of large bell peppers.
- Prepare of lean ground beef.
- Prepare of steamed rice.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- You need of small onion finely chopped.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- It’s of granulated garlic.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of Red pepper flakes.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare of Pasta (your choice) I use spaghetti, linguine, or Angel Hair.
Add raisins, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, ½ cup of the tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and black pepper and mix to combine. Spoon a tablespoon of oil in each pepper and swirl around, then place a tablespoon of sauce in the bottom of each cavity. Mound the filling inside of the peppers, then top with the remaining cheeses. Pour a bit of water into the pan with the peppers—just enough to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook rice.
- Boil water in a steamer sauce pan. Prepare peppers by cutting tops off them. Save tops to chop and cook in beef stuffing. Clean inside of peppers removing all seeds. Place in steamer and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes until they are hot and softer. Your choice how soft or crunchy you want them. Remember they will soften more in the baking process. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In skillet brown the beef. Drain any excess fat. Then add olive oil to keep moist and add additional flavor. Add 1/2 cup chopped parsley, chopped onions, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper..
- Add rice to browned beef. Mix thoroughly. Set aside..
- In a saucepan add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, rest of chopped parsley, 1 tbsp granulated garlic, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and EVOO. Heat for 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Place pepper cups in large baking dish. Fill each one completely with beef and rice mixture. Pour tomato sauce over peppers completely. Cover with foil. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes..
- Cook pasta to al dente in boiling water. Approximately 8-10 minutes..
- Remove peppers from oven. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven 5-10 minutes until golden brown..
- Serve peppers with a side of pasta as shown above. Enjoy..
Add rice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix until well blended. Place stuffed peppers upright in baking dish. Place the peppers in a casserole dish, cut side up. If the peppers won't stand trim the bottom slightly to create a flat surface. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the dish and cover with aluminum foil.