Capellini al Forno. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Drain well and place in a large. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Drain well and place in a large bowl. Simply translated, capellini al forno is angel hair baked in the oven, but the outcome-especially when baked in a springform pan and sliced into wedges-is as delicious and impressive-looking as a layer cake. A savory pasta layer cake filled with cheese and prosciutto, topped with marinara. You can have Capellini al Forno using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Capellini al Forno
- It’s of Prosciutto.
- You need of plus 1/2 cup grated parmesan.
- Prepare of eggs at room temp, beaten.
- You need of Capellini (angel hair) pasta.
- You need of unsalted butter diced.
- You need of chopped fresh parsely.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need of breadcrumbs.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of sauce for serving.
Capellini al forno is a wonderful way to serve pasta as it's quite a show stopper. This baked pasta dish is very filling and a little will go a long way. Putting this dish together can be quite the challenge. It requires robust and well seasoned ingredients in order to bring it all together in a great pasta cake.
Capellini al Forno step by step
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Cook Capellini al dente.
- Set up ingredients; 1 cup parmesan as well as 1/2 cup set aside. Eggs should be at room temperature and beaten in a bowl..
- Butter pan, preferably a spring pan. If not availabe a quiche dish will also work, just make sure it is deep enough for multiple layers..
- After capellini is cooked, drain and move to a large bowl. Mix 4 tbsp butter, 1 cup parmesan, salt & pepper, 3 eggs and parsely. Mix until well coated.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs into the bottom of spring pan until bottom is covered lightly..
- Add first layer of seasoned capellini, about 1/3 of the mixture; smoothing pasta evenly with the back of the spoon..
- Layer half of the prosciutto on top of the capellini, making sure to spread it evenly throughout. Followed by a handful of mozzarella on top. I always have extra because it makes it so cheesy 😍.
- Continue the layers with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 1/3 pasta, prosciutto and mozzarella..
- When the pasta is finished, you should have about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. Mix the breadcrumbs with the 1/2 cup parsely..
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture on top of the Pasta. Place remaining butter in small dots on top & drizzle 3 tbsp olive oil evenly..
- Bake on center rack in oven at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Buon apetite! 🍴🍝👌.
Eggs should be at room temperature and beaten in a bowl. Butter pan, preferably a spring pan. Baking Directions: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Drain well and place in a large bowl.