Easy! Macrobiotic-Style Whole Wheat Scones. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut cream cheese and butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers until it resembles coarse meal. Add currants and orange zest and toss to incorporate.
Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Cool on a wire rack, or serve immediately so that the butter melts right into them. You can cook Easy! Macrobiotic-Style Whole Wheat Scones using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy! Macrobiotic-Style Whole Wheat Scones
- You need of ☆Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of ☆Baking powder.
- Prepare of ☆Salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Maple syrup.
- Prepare of Soy milk (or water).
- You need of Raisins (your favourite ingredient).
Lightly grease a large baking sheet, or line it with parchment. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Cut the butter into pats, and work it into the dry ingredients until the mixture is unevenly crumbly. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Easy! Macrobiotic-Style Whole Wheat Scones instructions
- Mix together the ☆-marked dry ingredients thoroughly using a whisk in a bowl..
- Add the olive oil and maple syrup, and mix with your hands (until the dough is crumbly)..
- Gradually add the soy milk and mix. Mix until the dough doesn't stick to your hands. Don't knead too much..
- Mix in raisins (or your favourite ingredients) and form into a ball. Please don't mix too much!.
- Fold the dough into thirds, and roll out to a thickness of 3 cm with a rolling pin. Cut out shapes. If you don't have cookie cutters, you can just cut them out with a knife..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange the dough. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 180℃. If they are not done, continue baking for another 2-3 minutes..
- It's also delicious to make them using half whole wheat flour and half cake flour!.
Grease a baking sheet and place scones on it. See recipes for Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) too. The baking powder:flour ratio in the recipe for "whole wheat raisin scones" on King Arthur's website is exactly the same. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.