Tangy Apricot Parfaits. Sure, you could make a nice peach pie or crumble, but why not make an easy and much healthier breakfast? Fresh peaches, a little bit of apricot preserves, and some plain yogurt easily transform into a satisfying but still relatively healthy breakfast. Thick and creamy Greek-style yogurt is a fast and healthy base for tangy parfaits.
Trim and Healthy Deep S dressing! This dessert is light, refreshing, a little tangy, and a little sweet. It has the luscious taste of key lime pie with the lovely presentation of a parfait. You can cook Tangy Apricot Parfaits using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tangy Apricot Parfaits
- It’s of Angel food cake mix.
- You need of coarsely crushed Wheaties or Total cereal (about 1 1/2 cups uncrushed).
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of dried apricots, finely chopped.
- You need of sugar substitute, such as splenda (can also use reg sugar).
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of unflavored gelatin.
- It’s of cold water.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of Cool whip.
Everybody has room for a mini dessert, and they're the perfect end to a holiday party or even a sweet finish to a game day get-together. Our yogurt is manufactured using utmost caution – care is taken to ensure that our process prevents the development of off-flavors and creates a naturally tangy taste profile. Parfaits are a fabulous, creamy, sweet treat that you can enjoy at any time of day. From healthy granola-and-fruit breakfast parfaits to decadent layered desserts, these sweet confections are worth a try.
Tangy Apricot Parfaits instructions
- Mix cake mix according to box directions, except stir in crushed cereal & cinnamon. Bake & cool according to package directions. Freeze half for future use. Cut other half into 3/4 inch cubes..
- Heat apricots, sugar substitute, & 2 cups water to boiling in 2 qt saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Simm er uncovered until apricots are tender, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly..
- Pour apricot mixture into blender container. Cover & blend on medium speed, stopping blender frequently to scrape sides, until smooth, about 2 minutes..
- Sprinkle gelatin on 1/2 cup cold water in the saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in apricot mixture & lemon juice. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; cool..
- Alternate layers of cake cubes, apricot mixture, & cool whip in Parfait glasses or dessert dishes..
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours..
Thick and creamy Greek-style yogurt is a fast and healthy base for tangy parfaits. Here, Food & Wine 's Grace Parisi folds some of the yogurt with lemon. Fill a bowl with ice water and set another bowl in it. Set a strainer in the bowl. With the remaining half of the white-fleshed dragon fruit, use a melon baller to scoop flesh into balls.