Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant. Try a Tasty Eggplant Dish with Easy Recipes from Hidden Valley® Ranch. In a skillet heat olive oil and butter, add eggplant pulp and cook until golden add onion and garlic, soften add broth and cream and lemon and seasonings add cooked angel hair pasta and cheese, remove from heat and mix well. ASSEMBLE AND FINAL ROASTING OF EGGPLANT Fill each eggplant shell with angel hair mixture evenly.
Toss the angel hair with the eggplant mixture. Add the mozzarella and Parmesan and toss to combine. Add half of the eggplant and toss to coat in the oil. You can cook Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant using 30 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant
- It’s of FOR EGGPLANT.
- Prepare of eggplant halfed or 4 medium eggplant, peeled and the eggplant pulp scooped out with a melon baller to make a boat shape with sturdy sides and bottom. Reserve pulp..
- It’s of olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 1/4 teapoon red pepper flakes. This is for brushing eggplant before roasting..
- Prepare of cooked angel hair pasta, drained.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of reserved eggplant pulp, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- You need of heavy cream.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- You need of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need of mixed shredded cheese, I used a blend of italian four cheese and sharp cheddar.
- Prepare of FOR SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- You need of pepperoni slices.
- Prepare of minced cloves garlic.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- It’s of red pepper flales.
- You need of 28 ounce crushed italian tomatoes.
- Prepare of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- Prepare of italian seasoning.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of FOR TOPPING.
- You need of mixed shredded cheese, I used italian four cheese blemd and sharp cheddar.
- It’s of chopped green onions.
- It’s of italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare of reserved cooked pepperoni.
For the involtini, you wrap thin slices of roasted eggplant around bundles of angel hair, then top them with a quick homemade marinara and Parmesan. Divide the angel hair mixture evenly among the eggplant slices, spreading the mixture the length of the slices. Rinse and drain eggplant and lay slices on paper towel and blot excess water. Dip each slice into beaten egg mixture, transfer to bread crumbs, coat well, place slices on non stick cookie sheet, parchment paper lined sheet.
Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant step by step
- MAKE SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- In a saucepan add pepperoni and crisp up and render fat, remove and reserve for later..
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan and soften, add red pepper flakes, black pepper, italian seasoning and salt to taste. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatos, cream and simmer 30 minutes, add parmesan cheese and heat through..
- ROAST EGGPANT SHELLS.
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Brush eggpants all over with seasoned olive oil mixture, roast on prepared pan until tender but still holding its shape, about 20 minites depending on size of eggplant..
- PREPARE ANGLE HAIR PASTA SAUCE.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and butter, add eggplant pulp and cook until golden add onion and garlic, soften add broth and cream and lemon and seasonings add cooked angel hair pasta and cheese, remove from heat and mix well..
- ASSEMBLE AND FINAL ROASTING OF EGGPLANT.
- Fill each eggplant shell with angel hair mixture evenly. Combine shredded topping cheese with the green onions and italian seasoning mix well and divide evenly over pasta stuffed eggplanr. Top with reserved pepperoni..
- Put back into the preheated 425 oven just until hot and cheese melts, 10 to 15 minutes..
- Serve with the tomato sauce..
- This is good as a combination vegetable / pasta side or all on its own with a salad..
You may want to take fork and lightly toss the pasta so that the sauce coats all the pasta. Layer the fried eggplant rounds on top of the pasta then pour the remaining crawfish sauce on top of the eggplant. Eggplants are stuffed to the brim with meat, veggies, and cheese, and then topped with crunchy bread crumbs for a hearty dinner. Add a side of angel hair pasta or Misfits Market spaghetti squash to really bring this meal home. Put a pot of water on to boil.