Peppermint Cake Roll. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix whipped topping and extract until blended.
While cake is still hot, roll up cake tightly in parchment, starting at a short end. So for all of you cake roll fans, here is another holiday favorite you can enjoy this Christmas: Chocolate Peppermint Cake Roll. A delicious chocolate sheet cake, rolled up with peppermint cream cheese frosting in the center, and covered in chocolate ganache. You can have Peppermint Cake Roll using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peppermint Cake Roll
- You need of Angel food cake mix.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Cool whip.
- It’s of crushed peppermint hard candies.
- Prepare of chocolate chips.
- Prepare of drops red food coloring.
Starting from the short end, roll up the cake taking the towel along with it. Place the cake roll with the towel in it seam side down on wire rack; cool completely. When cake is cool, mix the vanilla ice cream with the chopped peppermint. Unroll cake and spread evenly with ice cream.
Peppermint Cake Roll step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F..
- Prepare cake mix according to pkg directions. Spread half the batter in a 15 1/2×10 1/2×1 inch jelly roll pan/cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Spread remaining batter in a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake until top springs back when touched, jelly roll 20-25 minutes, loaf 45-50 minutes..
- Cool jelly roll for 10 minutes. Invert onto waxed paper sprinkled with powdered sugar. Peel off waxed paper. While hot, roll cake & waxed paper from the narrow end. Cool on wire rack..
- Cool loaf pan on its side to cool completely. Remove from pan. Freeze for future use..
- Fold cool whip, crushed peppermints, chocolate chips, & food coloring together in medium bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of the cool whip mixture for topping..
- Unroll cake. Spread remaining cool whip mixture over cake. Roll up. Place on serving tray/platter. Top with reserved topping..
This red velvet cake roll is not only surprisingly easy to put together during the busy holiday season, but it will look stunning on any dessert table. With tender red velvet sponge cake and a silky peppermint buttercream, this is a fun spin on a classic, crowd-pleasing dessert. (Image credit: Tessa Huff) Peppermint Roulade is a candy cane cake roll. A red & white striped sponge-cake-roll is filled with white chocolate-peppermint cream and chunks of crushed candy canes. Even though I love my new Peppermint Roulade recipe, I'm completely sick of this cake right now. Don't worry, it's a really good cake.