Barbecue Rice. In Medium Sauce pan combine ingredients. Cook uncovered til rice boils. stir occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cover until rice is tender.
Chicken BBQ rice a perfectly balanced dish that everyone would love. So when are you making your #KhanayKaSceneAala. . BBQ sticky rice is a fusion of flavors from Asian and the deep south. You can cook Barbecue Rice using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Barbecue Rice
- Prepare 2 cup of Uncooked long-grain rice.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dried fideo pasta (or dried angel hair pasta, broken into several small pieces).
- You need 1 of small white onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup).
- It’s 1 of Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon).
- It’s 3 of large Garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 cup of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need 3 cup of Low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 of Few sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish.
Sticky rice is typically found in Asian dishes, but this version has been kicked up southern style with a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. Taken a step further, it's a snap to make in a slow cooker. Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly. Remove foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Barbecue Rice step by step
- Soak rice in water for 5 minutes, rinse several times until water is clear, and drain well..
- Heat olive oil in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium high heat until hot, being careful not to burn oil. Add rice and pasta, and stir to coat well, stirring frequently and scraping grains from bottom of pan all the time for about 4 minutes, until pasta begins to turn golden brown. Add diced onions and jalapeno and continue to stir and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add minced garlic, stir and saute about 2 minutes more. Add 1 cup of barbecue sauce and stir to coat to grains of rice. Continue to cook until sauce reduces, about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and immediately reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer until liquid has been absorbed by the rice, about 15 minutes.Turn off heat, keeping the pot covered, and let rice sit for about 10 minutes longer. Uncover pan, fluff rice with a fork, taking care not to smash the grains of rice, and let sit uncovered for approximately 5 minutes..
- Move to a serving dish and garnish with fresh cilantro..
Cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is no longer pink. Add the water and barbecue sauce to the skillet. Stir the rice into the skillet. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Remove the lid and sprinkle beef and rice with the cheese.