Starbucks-style Scones with Pancake Mix. Add the pancake mix and stir it in. If the pieces are roughly cut, the finished product tastes better. Add pancake mix and cold margarine in a bowl.
Great recipe for Starbucks Style Quick Honey Nut Scones. I had extra pancake mix, so I made big sized scones that I could eat for lunch too. Make sure to keep the butter cool while working so it doesn't melt. You can cook Starbucks-style Scones with Pancake Mix using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Starbucks-style Scones with Pancake Mix
- You need of Pancake mix.
- It’s of Margarine.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of pack each Chocolate chunks (white and semi-sweet).
Doing so will give the finished product a crispy, flaky, pie-like outcome. I love Starbucks' scones, so I tried making them at home. I used half the amount of butter and margarine this time! The dough is floury first, but it will come together, so don't worry.
Starbucks-style Scones with Pancake Mix instructions
- Put the margarine into a bowl. Mix with a spatula. I didn't have a spatula so I used a wooden spoon..
- Add the pancake mix and stir it in..
- Then cut 1 cube of DARS chocolate into 2-3 pieces. If the pieces are roughly cut, the finished product tastes better..
- White chocolate looks like this..
- Then pour in the water in 2 batches. Knead the mixture with your fingers..
- When the dough lumps together, stir in the chocolate pieces..
- Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, roll up the dough, and cut into 6-8 pieces. Leave spaces between each piece on the sheet..
- Then put them into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. And then they're done..
- I have leftover sliced almonds, so I added some. It's also delicious to add sesame seeds and raisins..
Add the pancake mix to a bowl and add the cold margarine. Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly). Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter. Mix the egg, extract, and pancake mix until a dough forms.