Hina Matsuri Cake Strawberry Angel Chiffon Cake.
You can have Hina Matsuri Cake Strawberry Angel Chiffon Cake using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hina Matsuri Cake Strawberry Angel Chiffon Cake
- It’s of one cake 15 cm in diameter Angel Chiffon Cake.
- You need of Strawberries (for decorating).
- It’s of Whipping cream.
- You need of Strawberries (for making cream).
- You need of each Sugar (for the white cream and strawberry cream).
- It’s of Strawberry liqueur (if available).
- Prepare of Shredded coconut.
Hina Matsuri Cake Strawberry Angel Chiffon Cake instructions
- Purée the strawberries: Remove the blossom ends of 50 grams worth of strawberries and cut them up to a paste using a food processor. (If you don't have a food processor you can grate the strawberries instead.).
- Transfer the purée to a small pot and put it on the stove to bring it to a boil. Once it boils leave it to simmer on a low heat for about 5 minutes. Then take it off and let it fully cool (be careful not to over-simmer it). The strawberry cream base is now complete. (If you have strawberry liqueur add one tablespoon and simmer it with the purée.).
- Divide your cream into two bowls, one 60 ml and the other 40 ml. Add one tablespoon of sugar to the 60 ml bowl and whip the cream until soft peaks form (for the white cream). Next add half of the strawberry purée from Step 2 to the 40 ml cream bowl, then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and whip the cream until soft peaks form. (For the strawberry cream.).
- Cut the angel chiffon cake in half as shown..
- Spread the remaining strawberry purée on the bottom half of the cake..
- Put white cream on top of that..
- Put the top part of the cake back on top..
- Place the cake on a plate and cover the entire thing with white whipping cream. The strawberry cream will go on top of this so there is no need to worry about it looking nice..
- Use a small spatula or the back of a spoon on the side of the cake to work around the sides and make easy decorations..
- Put the strawberry cream in a narrow icing bag and pipe the cream onto the cake like it is done for Mont Blanc cakes..
- Remove the blossoms of your 5 remaining strawberries, and wash and dry them thoroughly. Place the strawberries into the cream. Use clean bits of the strawberry leaves to decorate around the strawberries (of course mint could be used instead). Sprinkle on shredded coconut between the strawberries..
- Add a pick with Hina dolls on it and your cute Hina cake is all finished. The sweet and sour strawberry cream and strawberry purée and white cream sandwiched in the middle give this cake a refreshing great taste. Plus the cake is spongy and soft..