Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting. Frost each cupcake with Peanut Butter Icing and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired. Kathleen's Peanut Butter Icing: Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt. Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting Chocolate cupcakes, made with sour cream and pudding, topped with a peanut butter buttercream frosting, and garnished with chopped honey roasted peanuts and chocolate sprinkles.
Place the butter into a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. You can have Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
- You need of Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Prepare 50 g (1/4 cup) of + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- You need 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 10 g (2 tbsp) of unsweetened natural cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 30 ml (2 tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting.
- It’s 60 g (1/4 cup) of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 150 g (1 1/4 cup) of powdered sugar.
- It’s 65 g of 1/4 creamy peanut butter, Skippy creamy.
- Prepare 30 ml (2 tbsp) of milk.
In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes When the cupcakes are fully cooled it is time to frost them. Place a large star piping tip into a piping bag. Spread the chocolate buttercream on one side of the piping bag and then the peanut butter buttercream into the other half of the bag.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cupcake/muffin tin with 4 liners and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, vinegar, oil, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the center of your flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Careful not to overmix!.
- Divide the batter among the 4 large cupcake liners and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool..
- To make the frosting, beat softened butter until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk and beat until combined. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin or more milk if mixture is too thick. Add salt if frosting is too sweet (1/4 teaspoon). Frost cooled cupcakes. There may be leftover frosting depending how much you use on each cupcake..
Moist chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, chocolate ganache, and peanut butter cups. These cupcakes are the ultimate chocolate and peanut butter dessert! If you follow me on Instagram you may remember seeing a sneak peek of these cupcakes a few weeks ago. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for a minute or so after adding each egg.