Pumpkin Scones. Pumpkin-spice scones are the perfect fall brunch pastry. Redolent of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and finished with a maple glaze, the buttery treats are utterly irresistible. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg spice the dough; diced crystallized ginger and cinnamon chips take their flavor over the top. Allrecipes Only two tablespoons of butter are used in these spiced low-fat scones which use pumpkin puree and eggs to moisten and bind the dough. Only two tablespoons of butter are used in these spiced low-fat scones which use pumpkin puree and eggs to moisten and bind the dough. You can cook Pumpkin Scones using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Scones
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar or sweetener.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh pumpkin, mashed.
Deliciously spiced classic pumpkin scones are flaky and soft with perfectly crumbly edges. Top with coarse sugar for extra crunch and maple icing for extra decadence! These Pumpkin Scones are soon to be your favorite pumpkin recipe! They are flaky and buttery with the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.
Pumpkin Scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well..
- Stir in the vanilla, pumpkin, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combined..
- Turn onto a well floured surface and knead the dough lightly. (May need to add more flour).
- Place the ball of dough onto a baking sheet. Flatten to 1-1-/2 inches thickness. Cut the dough into desired size pieces. Pull apart slightly..
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot..
The perfect cross between a muffin and a biscuit topped with a brown sugar icing, this scone recipe can be enjoyed as a breakfast treat, a snack, or even as dessert! Briefly brush the top of each scone with a bit of buttermilk. Transfer to a wire baking rack to cool. In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients until combined. Sift the flour into a large bowl.