Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks. Bonus: You'll never spell your own name wrong on your order. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and whisk to combine. Add the butter to the food processor, and pulse the food processor until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
Add the whole milk to a liquid measuring cup along with the egg and whisk with a fork to combine. Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, ice cream — you name it, and chocolate chunks one-up their chip counterparts in every batch, dozen, slice and scoop. And breakfast pastries are no exception to this rule, which is why this quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Chunk Scones is high atop my list of The Greatest Breakfast Foods That Double As Dessert. You can cook Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks
- It’s 90 grams of ○ Plain flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of ○ Bread flour (if unavailable, use 100 g plain flour).
- It’s 5 grams of ○ Baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of ○ Salt.
- Prepare 30 grams of Butter.
- You need 25 ml of △ Water.
- Prepare 25 ml of △ Milk (if unavailable, use 50 ml water).
- It’s 1 tbsp of △ Plain yogurt.
- You need 1 of △ (If available) vanilla oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Chocolate bar.
In a food processor add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and lightly mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture is coarse. Place mixture into a bowl and make a well in the center. Add egg, vanilla, orange zest, and buttermilk.
Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks step by step
- Put all ○ ingredients into a bowl and mix lightly with a spoon. Crush the chocolate bar into pieces..
- Melt the butter in the microwave, and add into the dry ingredients. Mix lightly with a spoon (don't worry if it's slightly powdery). Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Add the △ ingredients and bring the dough together. Hold it with both hands and knead it a few times. It might feel sticky at first, but it will eventually come together..
- Mix the crushed chocolate bar into the dough and shape it into a ball. Aim to scatter the chocolate evenly (take care not to knead too much as the chocolate will melt)..
- Press down the dough on a cutting board and spread it out into a 1.5 cm-thick flattened ball. Slice into eighths like a cake. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven. It's done when the surface is slightly browned. 180℃ might also be fine depending on the oven….
- The resulting scones are about half the size of the scones at Starbucks. If plain yogurt is unavailable, add 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice instead..
- I recommend keeping these scones in a paper napkin and a plastic wrap after they have slightly cooled down. My personal best result was with using a half of each block of the chocolate bar..
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter cubes or coconut oil and mix in with your hands until dough becomes coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk (or substitute) until just moistened. The chocolate chips make them very tasty but the orange juice makes them special. Make sure butter is well chilled to produce the flakiest texture possible.