Shrimp Scampi. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. Put the shrimp on a large disposable pie pan or paper plate and pat them completely dry with a paper towel.
Add the shrimp and cook, stirring. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley. You can have Shrimp Scampi using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of shrimp any size, (peeled, deveined and tails removed).
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of dried hot-pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare of dry white wine.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of angel-hair pasta.
- It’s of chopped parsley for garnish.
Scampi are tiny, lobster-like crustaceans with pale pink shells (also called langoustines). Italian cooks in the United States swapped shrimp for scampi, but kept both names. Sprinkle the shrimp with breadcrumbs (enough to coat the shrimp), and transfer the entire mixture to a medium casserole dish. Pour wine and the lemon juice over the shrimp.
Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Bring a 6-8 quart pot of water to a boil..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over a moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add shrimp and sauté turning over once until just cooked through, about 2 minutes and then transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl..
- Add garlic, wine, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper to remaining oil in skillet and cook over high heat stirring occasionally about 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, then stir in shrimp. Turn heat to low to keep warm..
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture in a large bowl, adding a little bit of pasta liquid if necessary to keep moist. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve..
Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp; season with salt and pepper, to taste. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.