Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms. Put garlic/tomato mixture back on heat and add water, sugar, pepper and kosher salt. Add basil, parsley, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Add any large stems from the basil to add flavor.
This copycat Olive Garden Cappellini Pomodoro recipe is a light pasta entree made with fresh ingredients. You can prepare this dish in the time it takes to cook the pasta. Fresh mushrooms sautéed with olive oil, garlic, butter, fresh parsley and white wine. fresh mushrooms sauteed with olive oil, garlic, butter, fresh parsley and white wine. You can cook Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms
- You need of whole peeled Roma tomatoes (28oz), reserve juice I prefer San Marzano tomatoes for the quality, but any will do.
- It’s of Fresh basil, torn into medium-sized pieces.
- Prepare of Fresh diced garlic.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of kosher salt (add more/less to taste).
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of Fresh parsley, torn.
- Prepare of sliced mushrooms (13 oz)**you can use fresh if desired, but may need to simmer a bit longer due to their water content **.
- You need of Angel Hair pasta (or your preferred type).
Fresh Plum Tomatoes, Capers, Anchovies, Gaeta Olives And Basil.. peppers, mushrooms, fresh plum tomatoes. Boneless breast of chicken egg dipped, then sautéed in lemon with sundried tomatoes and white wine. Fresh plum tomatoes, garlic, basil and herbs. Broccoli, mushrooms, peas and carrots in a pink cream sauce.
Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms step by step
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Cook diced garlic in oil on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat..
- The fun part (lol): With clean hands, take each whole tomato from the can and crush into saucepan with your garlic. Use your fingers to make sure the tomato pieces are not too large. ** Take care, the tomatoes will "squish" out their contents ALL over if not careful :)** Add remaining tomato juice from can. Stir..
- Put garlic/tomato mixture back on heat and add water, sugar, pepper and kosher salt. Simmer for 5 mins..
- Add basil, parsley, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Add any large stems from the basil to add flavor. Stir and simmer for another 30-35 mins on med-low heat, or until sauce cooks down to your desired thickness. Remove basil stems. Sauce is ready for the table or the freezer :).
- Cook pasta per directions and serve with sauce. **Note: I have added numerous ingredients to this simple and versatile sauce. It goes great with olives, artichokes, shrimp or zucchini added. Pair with pasta, chicken, rice…etc. I usually serve with crusty bread and lots of parmigiano cheese! Enjoy.**.
Cream sauce and fresh parmigiano cheese. Broccoli florets with garlic, sundried tomato and olive oil. Our signature recipe of ground meat and sweet onions in a red sauce. Arugula served with goat cheese, fresh tomatoes, artichokes, in a lemon vinaigrettedressmg FUNGHI TRENTION Porcini, shiitake and portobello mushrooms in a garlic, basil and olive oil sauce. ZUPPA DEL GIORNO Chef's soup of the day SECOND COURSE PENNE ALLA CARUSO Pencil-point pasta in a vodka tomato sauce, lightly creamed with peas & pancetta Served with a Side of House Salad or Parmesan Fries.