Pasta primavera. On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat. Transfer half of the vegetable mixture to another. Place the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl and pour all the contents of the skillet over the pasta; toss to combine.
Many people think it's an Italian dish but it's actually an American dish which was created by chef Sirio Maccioni and two assisting chefs (the original used cream cheese). Primavera is Italian for "spring," and dishes titled "à la primavera" usually contain fresh vegetables. Pasta primavera is the most popular dish in the primavera family. You can cook Pasta primavera using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta primavera
- You need of angel hair pasta.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of red bell pepper, sliced.
- You need of yellow bell pepper, sliced.
- Prepare of onion, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, sliced or minced.
- You need of mushrooms sliced.
- You need of bag baby spinach, chopped.
- Prepare of small zuchinni, halved and sliced.
- Prepare of italian seasoning.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese, optional.
Take advantage of the precut vegetables in your supermarket's produce section. Pasta Primavera is a classic Italian American recipe that's loaded with spring vegetables. It has a light and fresh sauce and is the perfect break from heavier winter foods! Try this Farro Caprese Salad, this Buffalo Cauliflower appetizer, or The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe.
Pasta primavera instructions
- Start pot of water to boil pasta. Follow directions on box..
- Heat butter and oil in large saute pan on med hi heat..
- Add peppers, onions, and Italian seasoning cook 3-4 minutes. Add garlic cook 2 min. Add zucchini, spinach, and mushrooms. Cook additional 5 minutes..
- When Angel hair is done cooking save a cup of pasta water, drain pasta and quickly add to vegetables in saute pan. Mix together with tongs and add reserved pasta water..
- Add parmesan cheese as desired, enjoy!.
Order Pasta Primavera that'll make your vegetarian dreams come true. More in the mood for a red sauce? Order Italian Sausage Marinara pasta to turn up the heat. Pasta primavera implies that fresh, spring vegetables are used–it doesn't really matter, specifically, what they are. I used what I had in the fridge–grape tomatoes, zucchini, red bell pepper, carrots and mushrooms.