Olive and rosemary scones. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Add butter slices and cut in using a pastry cutter until butter is mixed with the flour and forms small pea-sized clumps. Stir in chopped olives and rosemary.
They are based on traditional scones but use olive oil instead of butter. Watch as Ann makes her famous Olive Rosemary Scones with olive oil instead of butter and subs in whole wheat flour for half of the white. Olive oil and fresh red currants makes these bejeweled currant scones with rosemary light, fluffy and incredibly delicious. You can cook Olive and rosemary scones using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Olive and rosemary scones
- It’s of scones.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated blend of romano and parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter/ Cold, cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 1/3 cup of pitted kalamata olives/ chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of half and half.
- It’s 4 of grinds fresh black pepper.
- You need 2 1/4 of 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour.
The kids are back in school and our life has returned to it's usual chaotic schedule. Throw my husband into the mix and we have pure pandemonium in our house. Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chopped rosemary.
Olive and rosemary scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- In mixing bowl with dough hook attachment blend flour, baking powder, salt and cheese..
- Add in butter and mix until it looks like coarse crumbs..
- On low speed, mix in rosemary, olives and pepper..
- Add enough half and half until just moistened..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead several times..
- Shape dough into 8" circle on place on greased cooking sheet..
- Brush top with a little melted butter for added flavor and color before cooking..
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two table knives until the largest pieces of butter are about the size of peas. Prepare flax egg in a small mixing bowl, then add almond milk. In a separate mixing bowl, combine spelt flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, organic cane sugar, salt, and rosemary. Zest one of the lemons and add the zest to the cream. Add half of the rosemary to the mixture.