7 Layer Cookie Bar. Reviews for Photos of Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. I followed the recipe as stated and the only complication I had was that I didn't have enough graham cracker crust for the bottom. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. You'll love this easy Magic Bar recipe any time of year! If you love gooey bars, have you tried these Coconut Almond Bars yet? You can have 7 Layer Cookie Bar using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 7 Layer Cookie Bar
- Prepare of Crisco butter.
- It’s of Honey Maid Graham cracker crumbs.
- It’s of 14 oz Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk.
- You need of Nestle or Hershey semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s of Reeses peanut butter chips.
- It’s of Bakers Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut flakes.
- You need of chopped walnuts.
Or give these easy Gooey Chocolate Bars for a delicious and easy dessert. However, if you follow the directions provided with the Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars recipe submitted by Eagle Brands, they come out much prettier and easier to cut and eat. It's the same exact ingredients — just a different method. These cookie bars are known by a few names, but mainly they're known as delicious.
7 Layer Cookie Bar instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Place 1/2 cup butter in a 8 1/2 by 13 inch pan and place in oven as it is preheating. Wait for butter to melt (app. 5 mins)..
- Remove pan with melted butter from oven. Add graham cracker crumbs to melted butter. I eyeball the crumbs so you may have to add more if the entire bottom of the pan 8 not completely and evenly covered with the crumbs. You should have a nice and even layer of crumbs that will be your base..
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk onto the crumbs. I usually get the 14 Oz Eagle Brand…. it is by far the best brand to use. If you want to cut fat, use the low fat version instead. Make sure to pour milk evenly onto the crumbs..
- This is the fun part…. use 1/2 the bag of semi sweet chips…. just sprinkle the chips evenly across the milk. You can vary the type of chips if you want..
- Now sprinkle 1/2 the bag of peanut butter chips on top to create a nice layer of chocolaty & peanut buttery goodness..
- Layer the coconut flakes on top of the chips. You can add more flakes…. I love coconut so I actually use 2 to 3 cups..
- Sprinkle the remaining semi chocolate and peanut butter chips on top of the coconut flakes. Make sure it is distributed evenly across the pan..
- Now add the chipped walnuts. Sprinkle evenly on top..
- Using a spatula, press down firmly on the bars. This will pack the chips, coconut and nuts into the sweetened condensed milk and graham cracker crumbs..
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The coconut should be toasted once done..
- Now let the bars cool, at least 2 hours or overnight to let set. If you cut the bars too soon, you will end up with a gooey mess. Still yummy, but you will not achieve the cookie bar results unless you are patient and wait..
- When completely cooled, cut the cookie into bars. Makes about 24 bars..
My mom made them, my aunt makes them, my sister makes them; they're like part of the family. Peanut butter flavored chips or white chocolate chips may be substituted for butterscotch flavored chips. Great stuff from Nox Cookie Bar. It has an adjustable nose bridge for comfort and to help prevent glasses from fogging. A really big bistro mug sporting our Nox logo on the side.