Eggplant Parmesan. Enjoy A Taste Of Italy With This Delicious Eggplant Parmesan. Scatter half of the Parmesan and half of the mozzarella over the sauced eggplant. Repeat with the remaining eggplant, sauce, Parmesan, and.
They are good eaten right out of the air fryer or topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with a layer of the fried eggplant; the eggplant slices can overlap slightly. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. You can have Eggplant Parmesan using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- Prepare of eggplant.
- It’s of marinara sauce.
- Prepare of angel hair pasta.
- You need of fresh tomato.
- You need of italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare of egg.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of shredded mozzarella.
- You need of fresh Parmesan cheese-grated.
Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. The two things to keep in mind when cooking eggplant, especially firm globe eggplants, is that not only do eggplants hold onto moisture, they also absorb oil like a sponge.
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and slice eggplant about 1/2 inch thick. I cut mine lengthwise.
- Whisk egg in a bowl. In desperate bowl add breadcrumbs, cayenne and garlic powder..
- Dip eggplant in egg then breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes. Flipping halfway through.
- Heat marinara sauce on low with freshly diced tomatoes just until warm.
- Boil water for pasta. Once cooked, drain..
- Once eggplant is done put it in the bottom of a small oven safe dish, top with marinara, sliced butter and mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes on 350°F then turn oven to broil, broil for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling..
- Place cooked pasta on a plate and top with eggplant marinara mixture. Add grated parmesan on top. Enjoy!.
Toss chopped herbs, low-moisture mozzarella, and remaining ¾ cup Parmesan in a medium bowl. Spread half the sauce over top. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Whisk eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Dip eggplant in the egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture, gently pressing to adhere.