Pumpkin-cranberry scones. Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter until the mixture looks like oatmeal. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
Make the pumpkin cranberry scones: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Then, use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut in the butter until the butter is about lentil-sized. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice. You can have Pumpkin-cranberry scones using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin-cranberry scones
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of Pumpkin spice.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Prepare of buttermilk, very cold.
- It’s of can puree pumpkin.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of dried cranberries, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and drained well.
- You need of heavy cream, separated.
Cut in margarine with pastry cutter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Light and crumbly Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are the perfect fall breakfast! No fuss to put together and healthy with the added ground flax seeds and sweetened from maple syrup! The smell of beautiful pumpkin scones filled with fall spice wafting through the kitchen and the house is utterly intoxicating.
Pumpkin-cranberry scones instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375° line baking sheet with wax paper.
- In one bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture until coarse..
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth..
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture along with the cranberries. Mix until just combined; do not over mix or scones will come out tough..
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface, sprinkle of flour and need to gently 4 or 5 times. Pat the dough into a circle that is about one inche thick. Cut the circle in half then cut the halves into 4 pie shaped (triangle) wedges. Place on baking sheet and brush the tops with heavy cream..
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean..
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger and salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. This is the fall season baked up in a nice little package.