Baked Pasta with Peppers. Taste Delicious, Italian-Inspired Pasta Recipes From Classico. Stir in pasta and red pepper mixture until well combined. Add pasta to prepared baking dish and top with mozzarella.
Finish with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive and fresh basil. Baked Penne Pasta With Roasted Peppers In Marinara Sauce is a pasta recipe which is cooked in thick tomato sauce with Italian seasonings. One can also add other vegetables like Olives, Capsicum and other to add a nutritional value to the recipe. You can have Baked Pasta with Peppers using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Pasta with Peppers
- Prepare of Red/Yellow Bell Peppers.
- It’s of Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare of Angel Hair Pasta.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Bacon Fat.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- It’s of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Crushed Red Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoned Salt.
Remove the bay leaves from the sauce mixture. Put half of the noodles into a large casserole dish and cover with half of the sauce mixture and a third of the mozzarella cheese. While the pasta cooks put the roasted peppers, parmesan and chilli flakes in a food processor and blend until smooth. With the blender still running drizzle in the olive oil then season to taste.
Baked Pasta with Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 500?F..
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion. Pour olive oil, peppers, onion, salt, and pepper in saucepan. Cook over medium low heat until soft/translucent..
- Cook pasta as directed on box. It's important to not overcook; angel hair cooks quickly and will cook more later. Set aside when finished..
- Once peppers/onions have finished, add bacon fat to same pan. Cook over low heat until melted..
- Once bacon fat has melted, add cornstarch, milk, onion powder, crushed red pepper, and seasoned salt. Stir over low heat until milk thickens slightly..
- Add 2/3 of mozzarella to milk/peppers mixture. Stir until melted..
- Add cooked pasta to remainder of ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly..
- Pour pasta mixture into baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Add remaining 1/3 of mozzarella to top..
- Bake at 500?F until cheese on top is melted..
In a large bowl toss the pasta with the sauce then place in a baking dish and top with torn mozzarella. While you are awaiting for the pasta heat a wok or a frying pan and add the oil and. Fry onions'till the're"limp", add the butter. Stir-fry until the onions have gone golden. Cook pasta according to package directions.