Lemon shrimp scampi. Season with salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Add pasta and shrimp and toss to combine.
Add broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes to same pan. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, four turns of the pan, over medium-high. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic. You can cook Lemon shrimp scampi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon shrimp scampi
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Butter (no subs!).
- It’s 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh minced garlic (or to taste).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste).
- You need 1 tbsp of grated lemon peel.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice (can reduce to 1/3 cup for less lemony flavor).
- You need 1 of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 of Black pepper (lots).
- You need 2 lb of large raw shrimp, peeled and devined.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of parm cheese.
- You need 12 oz of Angel hair pasta (or penne/bowtie/etc if you prefer bite sized noodles), cooked.
Add the shrimp and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Heat a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat.
Lemon shrimp scampi instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes- cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in shrimp- cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper and stir in parsley.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of parm cheese.
Once heated, add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter is melted and is no longer foamy, increase the heat to high and add the shrimp. Cook for one minute then turn shrimp over, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for another minute. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, and pepper. Cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink.