Lemon shrimp scampi. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Add pasta and shrimp and toss to combine. Season with salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Add broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes to same pan. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, garlic salt. You can have Lemon shrimp scampi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon shrimp scampi
- It’s of Butter (no subs!).
- You need of Green onions, chopped.
- You need of fresh minced garlic (or to taste).
- Prepare of crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste).
- It’s of grated lemon peel.
- You need of fresh lemon juice (can reduce to 1/3 cup for less lemony flavor).
- Prepare of salt (to taste).
- It’s of Black pepper (lots).
- You need of large raw shrimp, peeled and devined.
- Prepare of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need of parm cheese.
- You need of Angel hair pasta (or penne/bowtie/etc if you prefer bite sized noodles), cooked.
Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink. Pour in the wine and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heat a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat. Once heated, add the butter and olive oil.
Lemon shrimp scampi instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes- cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in shrimp- cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper and stir in parsley.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of parm cheese.
Once the butter is melted and is no longer foamy, increase the heat to high and add the shrimp. Cook for one minute then turn shrimp over, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for another minute. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, four turns of the pan, over medium-high. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic. Add the shrimp and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper.