You can have Dinner rolls using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dinner rolls
- It’s 6 c of flour plus extra for dusting.
- It’s 5 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 11/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 1/2 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 c of melted butter+2tbs melted butter(for brushing).
- You need 11/2 c of warm milk.
- It’s 1 of little vegetable oil.
Dinner rolls instructions
- Sift flour in a bowl, add sugar, salt and yeast. Mix well to ensure yeast is well distributed. (If you are not using instant yeast, activate it with a little milk and 1tsp sugar, leave for a few minutes till bubbles start to appear then mix all wet ingredients together).
- Mix milk, egg yolks, butter. Pour into flour mixture and mix till it all comes together. Move to a lightly floured surface and knead dough till it's soft, about 5-7mins.
- Transfer to a greased bowl and cover to rise for one hour. It should have doubled in size.
- Lightly flour your working surface. Transfer dough and deflate it. Portion into 20 equal parts and make balls. Grease a 13*16inch baking tray and arrange the balls on it. Leave in a warm place covered for another hour to rise.
- Preheat oven to 180(according to my oven). Bake for 25-30mins. Allow to cool slightly then lightly brush top with melted butter for a glossy top. Cool completely. Enjoy with tea or a soup.