Angel's cheesy potatoes…. This great cheesy potato dish with processed cheese and ranch dressing mix is named after my friend Angela who is the best cook in all of Mississippi! It takes a little time to peel the potatoes, but one taste of this and you will be hooked! Chop onions, add to a pan with sunflower or rice bran oil and fresh thyme and sauté until translucent.
Mix soup and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Add potatoes and cheese; mix well. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. You can cook Angel's cheesy potatoes… using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Angel's cheesy potatoes…
- It’s of cream cheese.
- Prepare of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of ranch.dressing.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of medium onions.
- You need of potatoes.
Try our wide variety of products. Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and brush each potato with some of the butter mixture, trying to get the butter between the slices. Sprinkle each potato with salt and pepper. The only thing better than classic mashed potatoes is CHEESY mashed potatoes with a crispy golden-brown topping @Giadadelaurentiis adds Parm & Mozzarella to get the perfect oozy, melty, mashed.
Angel's cheesy potatoes… step by step
- Peal and slice potatoes. Slice approximately 1/4 inch thick..
- Wash potatoes and add to a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Cut onions in half and slice them into half moon slices.. add them to the pan with potatoes.
- Add ranch dressing.
- Add sour cream..
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add it into the pan.
- Add shredded cheese. I used pre shredded blended because its easy. you can get blended cheese. I used cheddar and monterey jack.
- Mix it all together real well.
- Add a half cup of milk.
- Bake on 350°F covered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. you will need to stir it up so it won't stick to the pan. add salt and pepper after the cheese melts about 30 minutes into process..
- Add 6 slices of yellow american cheese. place foil back on and heat about 5 minutes..
- Remove foil and turn oven down to 225degrees leave potatoes in oven for 10 minutes more and they should be a light golden color…
This is the greatest possession of All Time Using a mandolin or very sharp knife slice potatoes about ¼-inch thick. Heat oil to medium in a large nonstick skillet. In a large bowl, mix frozen hash browns, sour cream, soups, onion, seasonings, and cheddar cheese. I was a bit skeptical because I have my favorite Tijuana style tacos but these actually matched up. And being the only of its kind in the SFV is a breath of fresh air in the taco world.