Breakfast fig scone wedges. Pour this mixture into the flour and use your hands to combine the ingredients to form the dough. Fold in the figs, Parmesan, caramelized onions and thyme. Fold in the figs, Parmesan, caramelized onions and thyme.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine rice flour, oats, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Mix honey, oil, and egg together in a small bowl. You can have Breakfast fig scone wedges using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breakfast fig scone wedges
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of butter softened.
- You need of zest of an orange.
- It’s of buttermilk.
- It’s of dried figs, chopped.
- It’s of For the glaze:.
- It’s of icing sugar.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- You need of double cream.
Brush the tops lightly with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle each wedge with sliced almonds. Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with a bit of heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Breakfast fig scone wedges step by step
- In a large bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. then add butter and beat with an electric mixer until combined..
- Chop figs into small pieces, add butter to the dry ingredients, mix in figs, orange zest and buttermilk..
- On a lightly floured board form the dough into a ball and divide in half. Roll them into circles (approx 2.5- 3 cm thick) then cut into 8 wedges..
- Preheat oven to 200 c and bake for 15 minutes. Mix glaze ingredients and brush each scones generously..
Fig-Vanilla Buttermilk Scones Golden, craggy and tall, not too sweet, flavored with figs and vanilla, these buttermilk scones are a tasty mash-up of the American and British cousins. Brush each scone lightly with heavy cream, and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and honey.