Crispy Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix. Great recipe for Crispy Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix. I made a quick and easy snack using pancake mix. Mixing the cold butter with flour is the key to having crispy scones.
Then pour in the milk, mix again, and add the chocolate. Lastly, gather the dough into a ball with your hand. Add the pancake mix to a bowl and add the cold margarine. You can have Crispy Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix
- Prepare 150 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 30 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of Chocolate bar.
Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly). Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter. Mix together the pancake mix, baking powder, and sugar with a whisk – this will lighten up the pancake mix and make it fluffy.
Crispy Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 ℃. Cut the cold butter into small pieces using a knife or a fork..
- Break the chocolate bar into large bite-sized pieces. This helps to keep its crunchy texture and you'll enjoy it when you eat the scones..
- Add the butter to the pancake mix, and mix well by hand until the mixture becomes crumbly..
- Add the beaten egg, and fold it in with a spatula..
- Keep folding it in until it's well blended..
- When the dough comes together, it's ready..
- Add the chocolate, and mix..
- Roll out the dough into 1-1.5 cm rectangles, and cut into your desired shapes..
- Arrange them on a baking sheet leaving some space in between since they will expand, and bake for 15 minutes at 200℃..
- And done..
Next pour in your heavy cream, beaten egg and vanilla, mixing until halfway combined. Add in your chocolate and finish mixing – your batter will not be smooth, and this is perfect! I wanted to make scones easily with pancake mix. It's a light snack you can make quickly. They'll make nice presents if you wrap them in cute paper.