Rich Chocolate Mousse Cake. Enjoy Our Step-by-Step Ghirardelli Instructions for Chocolate Mousse Cake. Ghirardelli Makes Cake a Bite Better. Chocolate Mousse Recipe I made a two layered rich dark chocolate cake, layered it with chocolate mousse, spread the mousse all over it, poured some chocolate sauce all over it and topped it with lots of chocolate shavings…Heaven in a bite.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the batter and fold in, then stir in the hot coffee (this will make the batter become fluid). This super moist dark chocolate mousse cake combines unsweetened natural cocoa powder and dark cocoa powder for an extra rich flavor. Fill the cake with a simplified chocolate mousse and cover the whole dessert with semi-sweet chocolate ganache. You can have Rich Chocolate Mousse Cake using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rich Chocolate Mousse Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of semisweet chocolate morsals.
- Prepare of large egg yolks (put egg whites in two separate bowls – 4 egg whites in each).
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of egg whites (save remaining whites for meringue cookies, recipe on page).
- You need of Mousse.
- It’s of semisweet chocolate morsels.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Ganache.
- You need of heavy cream.
- Prepare of semisweet morsels.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of Raspberries (optional).
- You need of White chocolate swirls (optional).
If needed, you can prepare the ganache and mousse ahead of time. This rich chocolate cake is taken to the next level with a layer of fluffy chocolate mousse, and sealed with a creamy layer of chocolate mousse. The first time I made it I also served it topped with chocolate frosting but decided whipped cream was equally good (and one less thing to make). Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the batter and fold in, then stir in the hot coffee (this will make the batter become fluid).
Rich Chocolate Mousse Cake step by step
- Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk in the freezer, preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease three 9 by 1 1/2 inch cake pans with melted butter (use two tablespoons from cake butter), place parchment paper in each pan and lightly grease as well (if you only have two pans you can get away with only using two).
- Using a double broiler (or two pans) melt the 8 oz of cake chocolate with remaining butter stirring until smooth, then let sit at room temperature (keep double broiler available will be using again).
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixing combine sugar and egg yolks, scrapping down the sides as needed until the mixture is thick and lemon colored about 5-6 minutes total.
- Whisk 4 egg whites until stiff (do not over whisk).
- Fold melted chocolate mixture into egg yolk, stir in 1/4 of egg whites and then fold in remaining whites.
- Divide batter between pans, cook for 25 minutes (check with toothpick) then allow cakes to come to room temp for 15 minutes while in pans. The cakes will crack and collapse this is okay), after 15 minutes flip cakes and place on large cookie sheet and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using double broiler again, melt 8oz chocolate for mousse, stir until smooth transfer to a metal bowl and set aside.
- In chilled bowl with chilled whisk, whisk on high until stiff peaks form the heavy cream and sugar.
- By hand whisk 1/4 of whipped cream into bowl with melted chocolate until smooth, then poor that into the bowl with remaining whipped cream and fold until combined, place in fridge.
- In a small to medium sauce pan bring heavy cream and butter for ganache to a boil, while this heats place 18oz of semisweet chocolate into a bowl, once to a boil pour over the chocolate and let it rest for 5 minutes, then stir until well combined and smooth. Pull one cup of ganache and chill in refrigerator for atleast an hour, keep remaining ganache at room temp..
- Remove cakes from refrigerator, and place one in a 9inch springform pan, evenly spread half of the mousse on cake layer (if you’re only doing two cakes not three put the remainder in the fridge and enjoy as a treat), top mouse with second cake layer, spread remaining half of mousse on second cake, then place last cake on top. Chill for atleast 2 hours..
- Remove cake and ganache from refrigerator. Put chilled ganache in a icing pastry bag (any tip preference), remove cake from spring foam pan and coat entire cake sides and top in room temperature ganache. Then decorate top of cake with chilled ganache and place halved raspberries on top for decoration (optional), or shave some white chocolate swirls on top. Can also coat with crushed cookies, nuts, sprinkles, anything that sounds good to you 😃 ).
Passover chocolate mousse cake step by step. You can also take a paper towel with a little bit of cooking oil on it and wipe the sides and bottom of the spring form pan. Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake is the perfect light dessert recipe. It's made with a chocolate cake base, cool creamy mousse filling and topped with rich dark chocolate ganache. Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake This mousse cake recipe is inspired by Marcel Desaulniers from The Food Network.