Protein Rich Adai Dosa For Breakfast / Dinner. Adai recipe – Adai is a healthy, protein rich & nutrient dense Breakfast made of mixed lentils & spices. It is one of the most commonly eaten foods from Tamil cuisine. Adai tastes delicious and is mostly served with a chutney.
It is usually prepared for breakfast and is filling and healthier than dosa. I have added a handful of drumstick leaves to increase the nutritional value. So this adai is rich in iron also. You can have Protein Rich Adai Dosa For Breakfast / Dinner using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Protein Rich Adai Dosa For Breakfast / Dinner
- Prepare 1 cup of Raw Rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Idli Rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Urad Dal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Toor Dal.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chana Dal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Moong Dal.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chick pea.
- It’s 1 of generous pinch Hing.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- You need of as required Red Chillies.
- You need 2 of Big Onion – medium sized finely chopped.
- Prepare of as per need Coriander leaves and Curry leaves finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of oil and Salt to taste.
It is very simple to prepare and does not need much planning as for dosa. Adai dosa or orange dosa as I call it is a healthy breakfast recipe from the South. Adai is a combination of rice with a range of colorful lentils all soaked together and ground to form a thick batter and later spiced up. Make this high protein and low carb Dosa, It is simple to make and No FERMENTATION.!!
Protein Rich Adai Dosa For Breakfast / Dinner step by step
- Soak the rice and dhals for at least 2-3 hours, Keep aside. Grind it together with red chillies and fennel seeds to a coarse paste. Add salt, hing mix well and set aside..
- Add onion, coriander leaves and curry leaves into the batter and mix well. Add little water to make it to slightly running consistency slightly thicker than the dosa batter..
- Heat the dosa tawa, take one ladle full and spread the batter as we do for dosa. Drizzle little oil and once it is cooked turn to other side and cook till golden brown..
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or avial..
- MY NOTES : If you want a more spicy version add more red chillies while grinding. Grind it coarsely not too smooth.Once the batter is ready you can make your adais right away. We usually grind it onion to make it for dinner and keep the extra remaining batter till next day morning(keeping it refrigerated) You can also spread the batter even more thicker. We prefer this way to get crispy dosa style adais. You can also include a small piece of ginger while grinding..
Checkout the recipe for the ingredients and instructions. Dosa or Savory Crepes are a staple in a south Indian household, be it for breakfast lunch dinner or as a snack. Usually dosa is made of urad dal and rice. If you like Adai Dosa Iron Rich Breakfast Recipe, you might love these ideas. · Adai is a Dosa-like dish prepared from a combination of lentils and rice. It's a very healthy, wholesome, crispy Indian Breakfast Breakfast For Dinner Breakfast Recipes Dinner Recipes Adai Dosa Recipe Indian Food.