Lemon Hot Biscuit (Scone). Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Lemon Hot Biscuit (Scone) Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, lemon hot biscuit (scone).
Grate the lemon peel (see pictures). Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts. Mix flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. You can cook Lemon Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Butter (Salted).
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Grated Lemon Peel of Half a Lemon.
- It’s of Icing Sugar:.
- It’s of Lemon Juice from Half a Lemon.
- It’s of Icing Sugar.
Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. It's a simple bread since, like biscuits, it doesn't require much kneading and there's no need to let the dough rise. Line a baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, and butter.
Lemon Hot Biscuit (Scone) instructions
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 25 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Grate the lemon peel (see pictures)..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar and grated lemon peel..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl..
- Pour the milk into the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Let cool completely..
- Icing Sugar.
- Add the icing sugar and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl to whisk well..
- Pour the icing sugar over the hot biscuits using a teaspoon..
Juice the lemon and add the juice to a separate bowl along with the buttermilk, eggs, and honey. Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Scoop scone dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form it into a circle. Mix lemon juice and icing sugar together and drizzle over warm scones. Enjoy the scones warm, cold, or toasted with fresh butter or some homemade jam!