Raspberry Jam filled Butter Cookies. Raspberry Butter Cookies are sweet and simple, and perfect for gifting. Light, crisp butter cookies with a dollop of raspberry jam are great with a cup of tea. When it comes to desserts cookies happen to be my first choice if I am going to be doing any baking!
One note about substitutions for the filling. It works best if you use a smooth puree, so I'd opt for a jelly, seedless jam or lemon curd. Mix cookie dough. *I used my favorite Butter Cookie Recipe, or you could use Bridget's Sugar Cookie or even buy Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough! You can cook Raspberry Jam filled Butter Cookies using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Raspberry Jam filled Butter Cookies
- It’s of Butter, softened.
- It’s of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s of Egg.
- Prepare of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- You need of Seedless Raspberry Jam.
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Remove baking sheets from oven and carefully make a small crater in the middle of each cookie using a teaspoon-size measuring spoon. Place half of cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
Raspberry Jam filled Butter Cookies step by step
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar..
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract..
- Sift the all-purpose flour and baking powder, and combine it with the butter mixture..
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. Roll into one inch balls and flatten on a greased baking sheet..
- Make a dent in the center and fill it with 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 12-14 minutes..
Place teaspoon of raspberry jam on each. Top with another cookie; press edges to seal with tip of finger. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Sold by Unna Bakery and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. When your cookies are cool, break out your favorite raspberry or strawberry jam— these are our Test Kitchen's preferred brands.