Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies. Top with one-half measured teaspoonful of the raspberry jam. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cookie. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat butter, ½ cup sugar, and salt until very smooth.
Place flat side down on top of chocolate-jam cookies to form sandwich. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and then sift it. Cream the butter and sugar together on high speed until light and fluffy. You can have Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies
- Prepare 180 g of all-purpose flour (1 and 1/2 cup).
- Prepare 90 g of dutch processed cocoa powder (3/4 cup).
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 200 g of sugar(1 cup).
- Prepare 170 g of butter (3/4 cup) room temperature.
- It’s 1 of large egg room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of any flavour jam filling.
- It’s of powdered sugar (optional for dusting).
These cookies would be awesome for a cookie platter! This recipe makes a ton and they look super fancy but are incredibly easy. I mean they're basically a sugar cookie minus the work of icing them. You could also make one batch of the chocolate dough and make some linzer cookies and some in shapes with royal icing.
Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and then sift it..
- Cream the butter and sugar together on high speed until light and fluffy. Should take a few minutes. I used the whisk attachment..
- Beat the egg separately and mix it with the butter and sugar using medium speed..
- Change the attachment to the paddle attachment..
- Slowly add it in the flour mixture until well combined..
- Remove the dough from the mixture, wrap it plastic wrap and chill it for at least 2 hours..
- Roll out the dough and cut out your cookie shapes. Make sure to do half the cookies with a solid shape for the bottom and half the cookies with a window for the top..
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 mins (depending on your oven).
- After it's done, let them cool to room temperature.
- To assemble: flip the solid cookie upside down and place a dollop of jam on it. Take a window cookie and place some jam at the bottom as a glue. Press the top and bottom together..
Top with one-half measured teaspoonful of the raspberry jam. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cookie. Arrived in plenty of time and they look amazing! Highly recommend when you aren't able to make them yourself! My husband will love them. 🙂 Thank you so much!.