Fruited Oat Scones. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Get out a non-stick cookie sheet or use light coating of cooking spray.
Stir in the dried fruit evenly. Using Pastry Blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. You can cook Fruited Oat Scones using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruited Oat Scones
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour (gluten-free or regular).
- You need 1 1/4 cups of oats.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar or sugar substitute.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of xanthum gum, if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of margarine.
- It’s 6 oz. (1 1/3 cup) of diced dried mixed fruit.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy milk or milk of your choice.
- You need 1 of egg, lightly beaten (or equivalent of egg substitute).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar or sugar substitute.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cinnamon.
FRUITED OAT SCONES These hardy scones are packed with dried apricots, figs, dates and shredded coconut. Serve them warm with butter or jam. Instructions In a bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in fruit.
Fruited Oat Scones step by step
- Heat oven to 375 degrees..
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, & xanthum gum..
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in fruit..
- Add milk & egg. Mix just until moistened..
- Shape dough to form a ball..
- On lightly greased cookie sheet, pat out dough to form 8 inch circle..
- With sharp knife, score round into 12 wedges..
- Sprinkle with combined sugar & cinnamon..
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown..
- Break apart & serve warm..
Add milk and egg, mixing until dry ingredients are moistened. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. These tender, buttery scones are full of oats, cranberries, and pecans, and then drizzled with a rich, vanilla glaze. They are a delicious grab and go breakfast to start the morning off the right way. Great to serve with coffee in the morning or with tea in the afternoon.