Easy Chocolate Maple Scones. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow the scones to cool right on the pan. Make the glaze by whisking together the sugar, water, vanilla and maple flavoring. Pulse a couple of times to "sift".
Cook for another minute or until mixture is vigorously bubbling. To make this Easy Chocolate Scones Recipe, simply: Mix the dry ingredients: Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Cut in the butter: Cut cold butter into cubes and cut into dry ingredients with a pastry cutter (or two forks) until mixture looks like fine pebbles. You can have Easy Chocolate Maple Scones using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Maple Scones
- You need 100 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 of chocolate bar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of maple syrup.
Add ins: Add in the chocolate chips. Cool scones on a wire cooling rack. While the scones are cooling, make the maple glaze. In a small saucepan, add butter, maple syrup, and heavy cream.
Easy Chocolate Maple Scones step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200℃. Combine and sift the flour and baking powder..
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Add the vegetable oil and mix..
- Break up the chocolate. Add the chocolate and maple syrup and mix..
- Mix the milk in a little at a time..
- Mix until it all comes together. Form into a ball of dough..
- Press down into a 2 cm/1 in thick disc and cut into eighths. (Here's how big the slices should like, compared to a teaspoon.).
- Bake in an oven at 400°F/200℃ for about 15 minutes..
Using a pastry blender, or two knives scissors-fashion, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar and cocoa. To make the scones: In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt. Work in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.