Blueberry Scones With Lemon Zest. Add blueberries and lemon zest and stir to combine, just until blueberries are coated with flour mixture. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour cream mixture into flour mixture and stir with a fork until just combined.
Then stir in the milk, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Lemons and blueberries are a match made in heaven. I simply love the combination of blueberries and lemon together, so refreshing. You can cook Blueberry Scones With Lemon Zest using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Scones With Lemon Zest
- It’s of Bisquick.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Egg.
- Prepare of Vanilla.
- Prepare of Dried blueberries or blueberry infused cranberries.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Zest from one lemon.
- Prepare of Alternative ingredients.
- It’s of Dried Cranberries.
- Prepare of Dried Cherries.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- You need of Chocolate chips (omit lemon zest).
The scones themselves only have lemon zest in them, but I made this lemon glaze to go on top of the scones which is to die for, you must have these with this lemon glaze. Mix the lemon juice with the confectioners' until dissolved in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water for the double-boiler method, or in a microwave-safe bowl. These lemon blueberry scones are actually pretty easy. First, mix the dry ingredients together.
Blueberry Scones With Lemon Zest step by step
- Pre heat oven to 425. In a small bowl mix egg, milk and vanilla, stir and set aside. Take the lemon and a zester (use one of the small sides of a cheese grater. Not the super small side you won't get anywhere that way) zest the whole lemon. Mix the bisquick, sugar and zest together. Once that is done toss in the dried fruit and mix again. Now slowly add the wet ingredients a little at a time until it forms a soft dough careful not to over stir or it becomes tough. DO NOT KNEAD..
- Using a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper drop mounded spoonfuls (soup spoon) of dough on sheet. Space them about an inch apart (8 should fit). Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown..
- If you plan to double this you only need one egg plus another egg white otherwise it's to fluffy..
You need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and fresh lemon zest. Second, cut cold butter into the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together cream and eggs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add cream mixture; stir lightly with a fork just until dough comes together.