Pineapple sponge cupcake. Invert pan on rack to cool. Once cake is cool loosen sides with a spatula and remove from pan. Frost cake with whipped cream and garnish with wedges of pineapple and maraschino cherries.
It's so fun to make and eat with its light, spongy texture and bright, sweet flavor. Slice the cake in half with a long sharp knife. Cover with the top slice of the cake and spread with the remaining cream. You can cook Pineapple sponge cupcake using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple sponge cupcake
- You need 100 g of flour.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of baking power + baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbs of custard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla + pineapple essence.
- You need 4-5 slices of tinned pineapple.
Garnish with the remaining pineapple pieces and serve. Beat all the ingredients in one bowl using a hand or stand mixer, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl halfway through. Carefully spread the cake batter over the pineapple and level. Combine dry ingredients, stir in the eggs, and pineapple.
Pineapple sponge cupcake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees for 15 mins..
- Add butter & sugar to a mixing bowl and blend it until fluffy.
- Add egg continue blending after which add vanilla and pineapple essence.
- Now add baking powder, baking soda and custard powder and blend until fluffy.
- Now double sieve the flour and add it to the fluffy mixture little by little.
- Keep folding in the flour with a spatula and mix to ensure there are no lumps..
- Cut the pineapple slices and add them to the cake mix.
- In the cupcake mould add the cup cake butter papers and place them in the mould. Little by little add the cake mix equally..
- Garnish it with chocochips this is optional.
- Bake it for over 20 – 25 minutes. Keep checking the colour and texture..
- Serve after it cools down.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a spatula, giving the batter one final stir. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and use a spatula to level off the top. Whip the eggs with the sugar. Add the flour, oil and lemon zest and juice Add enough milk to make a smooth and creamy mixture Pour the mixture in a greased baking tray and lay the pineapple on it.